Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:45:28 -0800
From:      "Rob" <Leonhard@quadro.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ISA probing

Hi,

    I am wishing to install FreeBSD via FTP (cable modem).  The problem is
that FreeBSD is refusing to find the ethernet card.  I am almost sure it is
because FreeBSD doesnt like probing ISA devices during install.  the card is
a Netgear ISA NE2000 compliant which is supported.  Is there anyway I can
force it? or enter extra parameters at the prompt? if so what is required to
do so,  for the most part this is the only that can be done and I'm kinda
poor so another NIC is out of the question.  do you have any other suggests?
                                    Thanks