Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 18:20:11 -0400
From:      Adam Furman <afurman@amf.net>
To:        "Mire, John" <jmire@lsuhsc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NetMAX-Firewall with Router

John,
I do use the NetMAX firewall running FreeBSD and run regular FreeBSD
firewalls.  I find the NetMAX firewall great if you want a web software to
configure the firewall.  It does a great job in that respect.  But for
some security on the firewall it self it leaves a lot of programs running
and leaves Telnet open.  The web software isn't even running over HTTPS if
you want to go into security.  From what they have told me they are a
little bit more advanced in their Linux version with the security features
but they did say they will be adding them sometime in the near future to
the FreeBSD version.

Adam