Date:      Sun, 6 May 2001 17:22:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Maarten van Schie <anera@dds.nl>
To:        Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com>
Cc:        <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: failing to reboot after suspend

On Sun, 6 May 2001, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> On Sun, 6 May 2001, Maarten van Schie wrote:
>
> > I forgot to mention it's a Compaq Armada 1590DT
>
> most compaq notebooks i've seen have had a problem with being suspended
> under X. when suspended, it just hangs upon resume. switch to another
> virtual terminal where X isnt running and suspend there.
>
> been doing this on an armada m300 and m700.

This is not my problem at all, I am unable to reboot the laptop _after_
it has been suspended, apm facilities work quite well under X.

The thing what happens is: if I want to reboot the laptop it just does,
as one might expect, but _after_ it has been suspended a reboot never
completes...the system reaches the state where the cpu has to be reset
but it actually never seems to be able to.

> --dinesh

Maarten.