Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 2000 17:40:32 +0000
From:      Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
To:        Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/etc inetd.conf

Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no> wrote:

>> So, any objection to:
>>
>> 	The people who want it, write the code to make it an
>> 	option that is off by default, so that the rest of
>> 	the world who hates the idea can ignore it.
>
>None whatsoever. This actually sounds like a good idea to me, and I'd
>like to see this discussion moving towards a way to do this, rather
>than a grand display of our varying POVs on this matter.

There is already code in sysinstall to do this, and I sent a patch to
jkh to add what I consider to be a "normal" default (no network
services except for sshd and sendmail -q30m), but that discussion eded
up getting embroiled in yet more bikeshedding.

Tony.
--
en oeccget g mtcaa    f.a.n.finch
v spdlkishrhtewe y    dot@dotat.at