Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 22:06:53 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Directory layouts revisited

I posted the following to -committers and realized that this is a more
appropriate forum for such discussions.  I'll redirect any discussions
there to this list.

In general, yes, I am trying to minimize the trivial differences
between the various *BSD oses, at least when it comes to some aspects
of driver code.  I'm working on a newconfig shim, which if successful,
will allow any driver to be imported from NetBSD/OpenBSD with,
hopefully, no or very few changes.

Warner