Date:      Sat, 23 Jun 2001 12:40:57 -0400
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        George Reid <greid@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recovering kernel options from compiled kernel?

george gyrated,
> On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Richard E. Hawkins wrote:

> > Is there a way to interrogate a kernel to find out what options
> > were used?  I could do this to both, and then diff the
> > outputs to see what's gone wrong . . .

> Only if you had "options INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE" in the config for both
> kernels. This should be documented in LINT (or NOTES if using -current).

thanks, but *argh!*

back to cvsup and buildworld, I suppose.  Some X programs are now
misbehaving--but the ones I"ve noticed are netscape-linux (quits with no
errors, sometimes displaying it's flash screen, sometimes not, but
never sticking around) and vmaware (also a linux program) with
XIO:  fatal IO error 9 (Bad file descriptor) on X server ":0.0"
      after 1780 requests (1779 known processed) with 31 events remaining.

I've noticed that COMPAT3X had become commentedx in /etc/make.conf (but
how?); maybe this had something to do with it . . .

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.                     /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700         \ /   against HTML mail