Date:      Thu, 04 Jun 1998 15:57:10 -0700
From:      Kurt Joseph Windisch <kurtw@network-services.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ken Key <key@Network-Alchemy.COM>
Cc:        Kurt Joseph Windisch <kurtw@network-services.uoregon.edu>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCCARD on Digital HiNote Ultra 2000

> >     When I insert a 3Com 3C589D LAN card in the normal slots, the kernel
> >     reports that a card was inserted in slot 3, but pccardd doesn't
> >     see it or configure it.  When I run 'pccardc dumpcis' it reports
> >     only "2 slots found", which seem to be on the controller for the
> >     integrated LAN/Modem, not the user-accessable ones.
>

> The external slots are on the second controller. You need to:
>
>   cd /dev/; ./MAKEDEV card2 card3
>
> and restart pccardd.

Great, this helped.  I added all the pcics to my kernel config and
and made the devices.  Now pccardd sees the card and matches it with an
entry in pccard.conf.

HOWEVER, pccardd gives the error :
  driver allocation failed for 3Com Corporation

Can you tell me what should be at the top of my pccard.conf (io, irq,
memory, etc lines).  I shouldn't need to change the 3Com 3C589D entry
should I?

Thanks
--Kurt