Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:08:55 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        checkmat@avana.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Download

On Tue, Mar 17, 1998 at 08:29:51PM -0800, DeWitt B. Counts wrote:
> I have successfully (I hope) downloaded all of FreeBSD with these
> exceptions: bin.cc will not download, but prints code to the screen. I
> am using Netscape 3.0x. I also had this problem with bin.au, which
> launched Netscape's audio player. I disabled it for the download.

Instead of (primary) clicking on the links to download them, click on them
with your secondary mouse button (normally, the primary is the left button,
the secondary is the right button, but you might have changed them).

This will (should?) bring up a menu of options, one of which should be
"Save to local disk" or similar.

Use this option to force Netscape to save the file to disk, instead of
trying to display it (and/or play it).

> If you would please enlighten me on these two files, I would be forever
> greatful. Also, in conclusion, can the os coexist with Windows 3.1 on
> one partition? Thanks.

No. You will need at least two partitions.

You should probably look at

    <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/multios/multios.html>;

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need