Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:44:35 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>, freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: /usr/lib/libskey.so.2: Undefined symbol "crypt"

Try man vipw. While were at it, is the proper way to change from des to md5,
to change the libcrypt link to libscrypt and then just invoke vipw and then
close it to have the pwd_mkdb run? Maybe this will simplify when auth.conf
is fully implemented.

Cheers,

On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 10:47:43AM +0200, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> Since a couple of days my -current (elf) system (the 19981004 SNAP)
> suffers from the fact that I cannot su nor login as root at the
> console any longer (despite from going single user).
>
> I built the international descrypt stuff, installed it , created
> the links in /usr/lib and since then I'm getting
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libskey.so.2: Undefined symbol "crypt".
>
> What can I do to repair this?
>
> --
> Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de

Tom

--
IMail Server for Windows NT. Evaluation version.
Copyright (c) 1995-98 Ipswitch, Inc. http://www.ipswitch.com/