Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:54:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jim Shankland <jas@flyingfox.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysinstall of 20000214 snap hangs

I just tried installing the 2/14 4.0 snap onto a Cyrix MediaGX-based
box, and the sysinstall hung at the "probing devices" phase.

Because the 3.4 sysinstall works just fine on this box, and because
the last thing I see on the debug screen (ttyv1) is

	DEBUG: Found a disk device named ad0

I'm inclined to cast a suspicious eye toward Soren's new IDE driver :-).

I realize the information I've provided so far is unlikely to be
sufficient to diagnose, much less remedy, the problem; but I'm not
not sure what to do next.  I'm happy to work with anyone who'd
like to take a closer look at this.

Jim Shankland
Decision Data/NLynx Systems, Inc.