Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:03:10 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Michelle Sullivan <michelle@sorbs.net>
Cc:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: poudriere && Ctrl-t / Ctrl-c

El día Tuesday, January 27, 2015 a las 03:30:57PM +0100, Michelle Sullivan escribió:

> >> You did not loose 10 hours of compilation, you lost what was being built at
> >> the time you did Ctrl-C.  If you run poudriere bulk again, it will continue
> >> the build.
> >>

> > Is this also true if a port is not yet finished, or only for created
> > packages?
> >

> Only those that have been completed.

This was my understanding and observation as well.

In general, poudriere works very nice and stable. I just ended compiling
around 1600 ports in 3 days on an old Dell M4400 which I found in the
dustbin of my company. It has a dual core 3 GHz CPU. I installed HEAD,
compiled an amd64 jail and launched poudriere with 4 builders. Around 10
ports could not be build, mostly fetch errors. ANd for java/eclipse I
have to enable at least 6 GByte swap (I know that already)...

A big thanks to the poudriere creators!

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
1989-2014: The Wall was torn down so that we go to war together again.