Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 03:39:33 -0500
From:      "Wayne Ringling" <wayne@tbnets.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Setting up a new 1TB server running freebsd I hope.

 I have run linux for several years now and have created some fairly large
systems that have been very stable by my standards which may not be FreeBSD
standards but much better than a Win box.  But I have always wanted to set
up a freebsd system and make it a monster too.  Well I finally am getting my
chance,  I got a 9 disk 3u rackmount with an Intel mb that will hold a pair
of pIII 1.26mhz processors, with 2GB ram.  I ordered a 3ware 7850 (8 port
ata 100) and plan on putting in 8 160GB Maxtor's (raid 5) and a 120 GB
Maxtor on the mb ide interface for the boot disk with a slim cd and floppy.
Since this is my first freebsd install,  is there anything in particular I
should look out for?  Will the install see the 3ware raid card?  Will
FreeBSD see the large drives ok (something linux has trouble with) Also any
tips that might make this monster easier to install. I have queried several
things on google and haven't found any definite answers to these questions.

Wayne R.