Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:25:04 +0200
From:      "Conrad Burger" <conrad.burger@mxit.com>
To:        <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [KERNEL PANIC] Assigning IP to BCE on CURRENT

Click here to view our e-mail legal notice:
http://www.mxit.co.za/pdfs/mxit_legal.pdf or call: +27 21 888 5000
HARDWARE=3D DELL 1955 BLADE=20
OS Version=3D CURRENT i386(2007-02-01)=20

When I assign an IP to one of the BCE interfaces on the system the =
kernel
PANICS.

>From KDB:
Panic: invalid ife->ifm_date (0xa) in mii_phy_setmedia=20

Cpuid =3D 0=20
KDB: enter:panic=20
[ thread pid 715 tid 100041]
Stopped at kdb_enter + 0x2b:nop

I then type "panic" and it writes a vmcore dump. =20

But when I analyze the vmcore using kgdb and run a "bt" it only gives me =
the=20
backtrace of the kdb and shutdown.=20

Is there a way to write a dump without kdb interfering?

Another thing, I tried to install CURRENT-snapshot-2007-01(AMD64), but =
after it
boots from the USB DVDROM. Sysinstall cannot access the USB DVDROM.=20
Is this a known problem?

Regards=20
Conrad=20