Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 07:28:36 GMT
From:      Simon Maycock <smaycock@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   natd and Apache Port Based Virtual Hosting

Can anyone tell me how I configure Port based Virtual Hosts in Apache so=
=20
that they correctly work with translated packets.  It is my understandin=
g=20
that all natd is doing is taking the external address, striping it and=20
adding an internal address.  If this is the case then I believe the=20
following entries in my httd.conf should be working?

# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
#NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.201
Listen 80
Listen 8080
Listen 8081
Listen 8082
#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.201:8080>
    ServerAdmin a@b.com
    DocumentRoot /data/www/abc
    ServerName 192.168.1.201:8080
    ErrorLog /data/www/abc/logs/error_log
    TransferLog /data/www/abc/logs/access_log
</VirtualHost>
=20
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.201:8082>
    ServerAdmin a@b.com
    DocumentRoot /data/www/xyz
    ServerName 192.168.1.201:8082
    ErrorLog /data/www/xyz/logs/error_log
    TransferLog /data/www/xyz/logs/access_log
</VirtualHost>

This works fine from any internal host, but not from external ones, whic=
h=20
just default to the default site at port 80.

In an attempt to get this problem resolved I have set the firewall to=20
allow all and my rc.conf calls the my natd.conf file containing these=20
enteries.

#
log yes
redirect_port tcp 192.168.2.201:80 80
redirect_port tcp 192.168.2.201:8080-8082 8080-8082

Any help will be gratefully received.

Simon Maycock