Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 02:19:57 -0500
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        dochawk@psu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla does irrelevant search instead revisiting page

in message <200110172009.f9HK9AB81768@fac13.ds.psu.edu>,
wrote Richard E. Hawkins thusly...

> I tried to give mozilla .9.4 a try.  I even hacked the port to install
> .9.5.  I don't see how anybody manages to use this thing, though many
> claim to do so as their primary browser.
>
> My homepage is www.personal.psu.edu/reh18.  When I enter a url which I
> have previously visited, mozilla usually loads www.personal.psu.edu
> *instead* of the entered page.  This happens in the url line, when I
> use S-C-L, and frequently when I click on a link.
>
> Has anybody else seen this?  Is there a workaround?  Or is it just out
> to get me???

ok, now that i have installed 0.9.5 version, i am getting the
same symptoms.  the only workaround i have found is to clear
both memory and disk cache in "edit/preferences/advanced/cache".

i have set both cache limits to be zero as "every time-compare-cache"
setting didn't help. somehow i have a feeling that zero cache limit
won't prove to be helpful either.

of course, i am assuming that zero limit would mean "not to cache
anything", a la netscape, not "cache until memory/disk fills".