Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:43:00 +0200
From:      David Julien <david.julien@gmail.com>
To:        Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Are files and directories mandatory in pkg-plist ?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:01:54 +0200, Oliver Eikemeier
<eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com> wrote:

> >> [...]
> >> It depends. While I would strongly prefer a solution where you list the
> >> files as `owned' by the package, but when there is no way to make this
> >> work you could just embed them as ignored files and call ocamlfind
> >> install/remove from pkg-install/pkg-deinstall.
> >
> > Wouldn't that prevent package creation?
>
> Uhm, no, that is what @ignore_inst is designed for. But I would not
> advise to play with it: AFAIK no port uses this feature, so I'm not sure
> if it is supported. I have to admit that I did not try whether it even
> works, but by looking at the code it should.
>
> Anyway, teaching ocamlfind to leave the installed files alone seems like
> the preferred solution to me...
>
> -Oliver

There are other ocaml packages which seem to be in the same case, for
instance  ocaml-pcre. To deinstall the port they delete the added line
in ld.conf thanks to a "grep -v" in the pkg-install file (why not
pkg-deinstall ?).

I have tested my port with these modifications and it seems to work
correctly now ! Thank you.

--
David