Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 01:01:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        peter@sirius.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   More info: Re: vmopar state in 2.2.7?

I have a tad more info that may shed some light.

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I realized I
had copied my INN 2.1 config files built on a 3.0 box
to a 2.2 box, and one of the settings was
to mmap() the overview files.

mmap() for the active file has always had problems
with file truncation under the 2.2.x series, as
has been well documented.

I'm suspicious that mmap() on an NFS mounted file
is the culprit here more than anythingelse.

Changing it to not mmap() the overfile seems to have
corrected the problem, at least so far.