Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:05:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hans Zaunere <zaunere@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   D-Link DFE-530TX+ Support

Hello,

I've just installed the PCI D-Link DFE-530TX+ card
with the generic kernel and no mention of it is made
in either dmesg or ifconfig -a.  The only thing I see
in dmesg is:

pci0: <unknown card> (vendor=0x1186, dev=0x1300) at
16.0 irq 11

I've done some research and found that this card's
prior version, (without the '+') worked fine, but this
version, which has WOL needs some tweaking, but will
work fine after manually setting the media type.  I do
not need to use the WOL feature.  I've read that this
'+' card uses the Realtek 8139 chipset.  I also notice
that the GENERIC kernel has rl support built in,
however nothing is working still.

Could anyone tell me how to get this card working?
Either something to read, something to download, or
something to do with the kernel.  And someone tell me,
if once this card works, is it good?  Anything would
be great,

Thank you,

Hans Z.
zaunere@yahoo.com