Date:      Mon, 26 May 1997 22:31:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@nbc.netcom.ca>
To:        grog@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        mika ruohotie <bsdchat@shadows.aeon.net>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Pentium II-266Mhz

On Mon, 26 May 1997 grog@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:

> OK, is this really *the* performance measurement?

    I started this a couple of years ago because I figured it would be
a good test to see how fast your CPU can shuffle blocks of memory
between your main RAM, across the bus, through the cache and into its
core.  It also measures how fast your kernel bzero() and bcopy()
routines are.  At first, I pointed it out only because I was getting
unexpected results on different platforms (e.g., try comparing an
Ultrasparc against a POWER2 against a Pentium against an R8000).
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@netcom.ca)