Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:43:33 -0400
From:      Drew Linsalata <drew@gothambus.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Shared libraries out of whack.

Hi folks,

I've got a 3.5.1-RELEASE system on which my shared libs seem to have gotten
out of whack, causing all kinds of inetd and mysql core dumps.  I think the
problem is that one of my admins tried mixing and matching files from other
boxen running 4.0 and later.  No good.

Anyway, what's the best way to get this all back in line without wiping the
OS and restoring everything from scratch?  The offenders seem to be
libc.so.4 and libutil.so.3.

Any ideas from the experts?  I have to admit that after 5 years of FreeBSD
fun, I have never encountered this sort of thing before and I'm a bit
stumped!

- Drew