Date:      Sun, 08 Sep 2002 00:57:14 -0300
From:      Ken Easson <ken@justken.net>
To:        Kirk Bailey <idiot1@netzero.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: subject prepending

as a web programmer:

please upgrade your browser, until netscape 4.7 usage drops below .5% i am required to make all pages i program fully compatible with that browser. And let me tell you how much of a pain in the buttox that is! not only is it not standards compliant, it's standards 'all screwed up'.

as an alternative - i switched from netscape 4.7 mail to Eudora mail, the upgrade was seamless, and i was able to import all my mail over into a 'From Netscape' folder.

i receive aporx 300 emails every day - Eudora has not had any problems, even my folders with over 10,500 emails. ( i also run it 24/7 as my email host starts bouncing my email (my quota is too small). I'm hoping to use my freeBSD to take over that little job...
eudora also has this cool feature that allows you to filter for any content on any header... real easy (all thought you do have to go to the advanced tab)

it's free, but has an add - i've often forgotten it's there, and can be removed for a fee.

only think i dislike about it is the 5 seconds hang just before it tries to check for new messages.

anyway -- this isn't really the list for this.. but please - upgrade from 4.7  - NS version 7 is great, need to use it to test my work and it's good... fast, and hasn't crashed...yet...

ken

At 06:52 PM 9/7/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>OK, in ADVANCED while creating a filter, you can declare a new header to work
>with, adding it to the list of available headers. I did create the List-ID
>header option, and it is now available for use.
>
>Pity it was so damn hard to dip up, not intuitive at all.
>

>Kirk Bailey wrote:
>>
>> I can create filters, but so far I cannot find a way to do so on a header
>> nutscrape does not offer. I wil dig further...
>>
>> Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

<snip>

>> > Sorry if I sound blunt, but that's a Windows problem :-P
>> >
>> > Besides, I know you can write custom filters, even with the most
>> > horrendous of Windows mailers ... MS Outlook Express.
<snip>

ken easson
justken.net
ken@justken.net
justken web programming and technical support.