Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:16:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Ben Kirkpatrick, ELI" <blkirk@float.eli.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI Bus redundancy...

   I've been wondering about the scsi redundancy problems that come up now
and then (read: I've been chewing on paint chips again).  What parts are
failing?  In my experience, only disks have failed once installed;
controllers have only failed during poor installations and very rare at
that.
   But what I was really wondering, is this about have two SCSI cards on
one scsi bus.  On one of my old adaptec's it _looks_ like I can change the
controller from ID7 to anything else.  With a controller at say 6 and 7,
would there be a way in software for both controllers to access the disks?
Or even for the standby controller to just scan the bus now and then?
   Okey, I'm going off the deep-end, back to my white-out (old-formula).

--Ben Kirkpatrick