Date:      Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:35:52 -0800
From:      JJ Behrens <jj@nttmcl.com>
To:        Rossam Souza Silva <rss@cin.ufpe.br>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE mixup: was samba package

> Sure. Why the kde meta-package was left out??

There was an unfortunate accident. The FreeBSD KDE team was attempting to
reduce the amount of KDE material on the first CD, and (accidentally) the
material didn't make it onto any of the CD's.

> And teTeX??

teTeX was a dependency for KDE graphics, specifically, KDVI. Due to teTeX's
large size, KDE graphics, by default, now builds without KDVI. You can still
get it from ports.

I'm just reporting the facts. Further details may be gather by going to
<http://freebsd.kde.org/>; and signing up on the mailing list.

Best Regards,
-jj

P.S. Forgive me if any of the above is off topic--someone asked the question,
and I knew the answer.

--
PGP: if encryption is a munition, where's my right to bear arms?