Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 1996 23:13:08 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, rnordier@iafrica.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, root@synthcom.com
Subject:   Re: DOS File system fixes

>The opportunity to learn more about FreeBSD VM and other internals at a
>deeper level is the main reason I'm particularly interested, so I'd
>certainly like to sign up for this. However, I see that Neil Bradley is

You will also have an opportunity to learn more about FreeBSD-NetBSD
politics :-).  msdosfs was imported from NetBSD on 1994/09/19.  It
is more actively maintained in NetBSD, and a year of drift has
resulted in differences larger than the original files (msdosfs is
currently 187K and diff -c between it and NetBSD's 1995/09/12 version
are 254K).  No doubt there is a fix or two buried in the diffs.

Bruce