Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 06:28:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@borg-cube.com>
To:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@webweaving.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD Hardware <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Drivers for Davicom DM9102 10/100 NIC chip

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Nick Hibma wrote:

NH>If this is one of those USB only (USB keyboard, mouse, etc.) thingies
NH>you might want to be careful. I have not yet tried that and so far the
NH>only report I've had was that it did not work on an Acer.

No, it has a PS/2 mouse and keyboard port.

NH>1) there is a problem with ISA not being there I expect
NH>2) Is the USB support amture enough to keep you going.
NH>Could you specify a location where one can find more information on this
NH>device?

It is an extremely small (12"x11"x3.5") completely self contained PC.
intel 810 chipset motherboard, socket 370 (celeron CPU), 2 x DIMM slots,
room for a CD-ROM, hard drive, and floppy drive.  No slots (everything is
built in).  56K modem, 10/100 ethernet, USB, PS/2 mouse and keyboard,
printer port, built in video, built in PCI AC97 sound card.  I figure a
stack of these will make a nice little FreeBSD cluster.

Here are a couple of websites where you can see pictures of them, get more
information, etc.:

http://www.eastoncomputerworks.com/ecw/bookpc.htm
http://www.arnoldco.com/bookpc/bookpc.html

and here are some pictures of me assembling mine (I bought a "bare bones"
unit without memory, CPU, or hard drive, since I have some spare
components lying around)

http://www.borg-cube.com/pix/hugh/
	--
Donald Burr <dburr@borg-cube.com> Resistance is Futile | FreeBSD: The