Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:11:56 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Dianna Reedy <dreedy@mwhpc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Ver. 2.2.5

Dianna Reedy wrote:

> I am using FreeBSD Unix as a POP3 Mail Server and also running a NAT on
> it.  I don't see any reason to be concerned about Y2K after reviewing
> the information on your website.  Do you agree or do you know of any
> reason we would not be Y2K ready with our Unix box?

	No one here can give you a definitive yes or no. The Y2K page on our web
site lists the problems we know about and what versions they are fixed in.
If you're happy with that answer, that's the best we can do for you.

	On general principle I would upgrade a machine that old to the latest
version of 3.2-Stable, for reasons of performance, security and general
well being, but that's just me. I recently wrote a page outlining the
upgrade procedure, take a look at
http://home.san.rr.com/freebsd/make-upgrade.html if you are interested.

Good luck,

Doug