Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 04:55:49 -0700
From:      erk! <tapeworm@insekta.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netiquette (was Re: linux compatibility in 4.7)

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 01:12:37 -0500
"Charles Pelletier" <fozekizer@attbi.com> wrote:

> 9.  Put your response in the correct place (after the text to which it
>     replies). It's very difficult to read a thread of responses where
>     each reply comes before the text to which it replies.

just to note, the only reason i'd mentioned that is because i was told,
numerous times, that this is how things are preferred here.  it made
sense, to an extent, particularly for those using clients like pine.  on
usenet, it's as above, but when i'd first joined the lists (6+ months
ago), i received several emails telling me not to.

in any case, the one error on my part isn't the point.  the point is, 25
quotes lines with what amounts to a "me too" response is just
rediculous.  sorry if that ruffles anyone's feathers, but last i
checked, nobody particularly appreciated those types of mails.

to the original person i was replying to, however: i did not mean for my
message to be interpreted as saying *you* are rude, as a person..merely
that those kinds of posts are needlessly full of unnecessary junk, which
is annoying due to slower download times to receive mail, readability,
etc, ad nauseam.  yes, i made a mistake on the top/bottom quoting thing:
i hadn't seen the line that mr. pelletier brought up, and again, i was
only going by what i was told numerous times before.

i'd also like to give thanks to the multiple copies of each email i was
sent, particularly from "daleco", who felt his/her point was so
important to express to me, i needed to read it no less than 4 times.

- erk!