Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 00:59:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Levels of Indirection <root@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   massive kernel-config problems

Sigh.  I do seem to be spamming this list lately.  For that I apologize.
This question, however, is quite legit.

Remember those two lockups I had?  Well, one of them seems to have
damaged something relating to my kernel sources.  After I config a kernel
and cd to the build directory, and type make, I get this message:

./genassym: permission denied

So naturally I tried making it user-executable (all this as root of
course) but it didn't work.  I got a bunch of other errors that I'm not
going to bother to transcribe because I assume the best solution to this
is to reinstall the relevant files.  So my question is bipartite:

1) Which files do I need to replace?  I have a pretty good connection to
the net so err on the side of broadness here.

2) What is the best way to effect this replacement?  Please don't just say
use cvsup because I looked at the man page for it and it's rather opaque.
Assume I'm stupid here because this is something I can't afford to screw
up.

Thanks in advance,

 Ben