Date:      26 Apr 2002 13:11:00 -0300
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Tuc <tuc@ttsg.com>
Cc:        Ben Lovett <blovett@bsdguru.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell 8200 - NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go - XF86

On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 13:06, Tuc wrote:

> > > 	I went back to do this, and it seems it tries to get a different
> > > version of things than when I had followed :
> > >
> > > http://www.marcuscom.com/g2g-xfree86/article.html
> > >
> > > 	In the "XFree86-4-Server", its 4.2.0_2, and when I go to
> > > XFree86-4 it starts to fetch 4.2.0_1......
> >
> > Looks like you don't have any fonts installed, or your FontPaths are
> > wrong.  Do you have all the XFree86 font* ports installed?
> >
> 	No. I didn't install ANY X when I re-installed it, I thought
> this was going to do everything I need.  Should I just go to XFree86-4
> and do a make there, then go back into XFree86-4-Server?

Yeah.  I actually had X installed (using the vesa driver with my G2G),
then rebuilt the XFree86-SErver port after I got the CVS patches.

> 	I've also just started a re-install with X this time, and plan on
> doing it all over again. Would that help? (I need to get some time in on
> re-installing the OS to get used to it)

Well, the only thing that will affect your video card luck is the Server
port.  If you reinstall all of X, make sure you reapply the G2G
patches.  If they don't work, some additional work has been done on the
tree lately for G4 cards.  I can (or you can) get the new patch cluster.

Joe

--
PGP Key: http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc