Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 19:58:18 +0700
From:      Jahan <jahan@pc.jaring.my>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   The Pain

Started when I could not see samba shares from win95.

So I was trying to get information from samba site. Suddenly I see the
all shares from 95.

Then I realize , because of the PPP samba working. So to prove my point
, I reboot the server and try to see the shares from 95 ( giving 25+
mins) without ppp.

Nop. It did not work.

Tried with ppp, works immediately.

So tried the smclient -L MyServer thing, saz dont want to work. ( the
test #3).

So I thaught something worng with the DNS server, and I used the
nslookup.

walla, nslookup cannot find default server. resolv.conf ok, hosts ok
host.conf ok.
[ but I can ping www.Myserver.com ]

so I  put a namedflag= "-d 10" in sysconfig. and reboot.

And thats it , reboot stuck at named. [ ya ya I know, I should have
tried from the prompt first].

Now machine stuck at that point.

Question is will named return false or error and will continue to boot
or thats it ?

TIA

Jahan