Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 09:27:20 -0700
From:      Siew Sim <siew.sim@starquest.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3Com905 PCI Ethernet card - no driver assigned

Hi,

        I installed FreeBSD 2.2.6 on my PC which has a 3Com905 PCI
card. I had NT running on the same machine and the ethernet card
works fine.  The device number on the card is 9 and irq is 9.
After I installed FreeBSD, it said

pci0:9: vender=0x10b7, device=0x9055, class=network (ethernet) int a irq
pci0:9 [no driver assigned]

at boot time.  I rebuilt the kernel, it still the same.  I read
all the information I can find, everything tells me that FreeBSD
should detect the device number and irq, and it seems like it does
but for some reason, no driver is assigned.

        Please tell me what I should do at this point, I'm stuck.
Thanks a whole bunch!!!!

Siew