Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 1997 08:11:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers
Subject:   2.2-BETA, timezone and the PC clock...

Ok -

 In previous installs; when setting the timezone, it always asked
if my PCs clock was UTC (Greenwich mean time) or local time.

 Apparently, in 2.2-BETA that adjustment is no longer made, and
UTC is assumed.

 My machine's clock is localtime (I just verified it in the setup), and
although my /etc/localtime has the correct timezone for me (EST) -
the values are off by 5 hours.

 Has adjtime "gone away" for 2.2?  Or, is this just an install problem?

	- Dave Rivers -