Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:28:25 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>
To:        Sean Kelly <smkelly@zombie.org>
Subject:   Re: SCSI Emulation

> I am currently working on a project which will require IDE CD-ROMs to be
> accessable as a SCSI device.  I know there is no support as of this time
> in FreeBSD, but was curious if anybody is working in this area.

Yes, I am. I've been doing a converter for SCSI to UFI in order to
support USB floppies. A next thing will be to support ATAPI devices
under CAM through USB (SuperDisk by Imation and other Shuttle E-USB
based products).

The reason why I am not using the code in dev/ata is that it is very
much ATA centric with no good distinction between the controller control
and the command protocol. It is IMHO easier to mangle SCSI into ATAPI
compliancy.

This question is however more appropriate for -scsi or -hackers
(CC:-ed, -questions BCC:-ed).

Nick
--
n_hibma@webweaving.org