Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 1998 17:14:39 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   screeshots part deux

Last week or so people were all up in arms about getting some screenshots
on www.freebsd.org so I said "send me your screenshots."  Two people did -
I know some of you posted URL's to yours but I accidentally deleted a
bunch of mail so I missed them.  Feel free to send them to me if you want.

In any case, I've taken the screenshots I've received and the ones I've
made and made a little web page.  Feel free to come browse it and check
them out.

Being that we've had a number of people on -questions lately ask "what
does FBSD look like?" maybe it is a good idea to have some on the web
page.  I know I've overwhelmed W95 users when I had Enlightenment on my
machine (I couldn't stand it - too foofy - but it is good at wowing
people).

The URL is:

	http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/screenshots.html

For those of you who want to make a screenshot to send me, use xv (xgrab
won't work on displays w/ greater than 8bpp and xwd didn't seem to work
right for me either).  Start xv, open up the command window and right
above "Quit" is "Grab".  I found xv didn't like having "hide xv windows"
picked so I put the xv windows on another desktop, used autograb w/ a 10
second delay and switched to the desktop I wanted.  To get the entire
desktop make sure the mouse cursor is OUTSIDE of any windows and on the
desktop.