Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:20:09 +0200
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Matthew Patton <patton@sysnet.net>
Subject:   Re: ZIP support in 2.2.6

As Matthew Patton wrote:

> I looked thru the recent archives and I haven't seen much in they
> way of dealing with ZIP drives. My external SCSI version shows up as
> an "sd" device. So is software eject supported? What's the command
> to use?

One probably can't call it exactly `supported', but

	scsi -f /dev/rsdN.ctl -c "1b 0 0 0 2 0"

is supposed to work.  It's a START STOP UNIT command, with the Start
bit being 0 (== `stop'), and the LoEj bit being 1 (== Eject).

Put it into a setuid perl script by now to make it a command more
convenient to use.  Don't forget to set $ENV{PATH} on top, or suidperl
will refuse to run your system() command.

--
cheers, J"org