Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 14:56:57 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: buildworld and PAM and login and stuff

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 11:40:04AM -0800, John Polstra wrote:
> In article <19981209045207.A3748@netmonger.net>,
> Christopher Masto  <chris@netmonger.net> wrote:
> > I just unsuspectingly did a "make buildworld" (first time in a couple
> > of months) and it crapped out when it got to usr.bin/login.. couldn't
> > find the PAM include files.
>
> Before importing it, I tested it with make buildworld on virgin
> systems.  I can't imagine why it didn't work for you, if you followed
> standard procedure.  There weren't any other reports of problems like
> that.  Perhaps you had non-standard options in your make.conf file.

If there are nonstandard options that cause the build to fail in the
middle, perhaps they should be documented or even detected.  I believe
that was the gist of the recent discussion.  I was only pointing out
a potential place where this may happen.

In any case, the build completed when -DCLOBBER was used.  Whatever my
mistake was, it's gone now.
--
Christopher Masto        Director of Operations      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

    "Good tools allow users to do stupid things." -- Clay Shirky