Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:24:05 +0100
From:      Ewald Jenisch <a@jenisch.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CUPS - no german Umlaut characters

Hi,

After successfully setting up CUPS I found out a problem wrt printing
german Umlaut characters: Whenever I try to print a file with umlaut
characters the file is only printed up to not not including the first
umlaut characters. This happens for example when I take a text file
with umlaut characters and try to print it via lpr.

On the other hand, when I've got a web-page containing umlaut
characters under Firefox3 and print that page I get the complete page
- including umlaut characters.

Any ideas how I can get my umlauts to print via lpr?

Thanks much in advance for your help,
-ewald