Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2001 07:40:41 +1000
From:      "Robert" <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        "Jan L. Peterson" <jlp@flipdog.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Need help please. 4.3-RC and EasIO-4 board. Can't 'mkdevnods'

Jan,
Thanks. Most illuminating. It gives me something to work with. I'm going to
'integrate' the mknod bits into /dev/MAKEDEV to start with. That's fairly
straight forward. I have one of the older ISA IO-4 cards, and it compiled
into the kernel and is recoginsed ok, although dmesg advises it is using
oloder shims. Still, it appears to work. So the next step is to get the
dev's working and try it out.

Someone else who replied to me said they would be happy to get fixes
integrated inmto the tree - hopefully they will see your post as well.

I gather your fix solves the SC26198 chipset for the new PCI boards problem
mentioned?

and the mkdevnods script at ftp.stallion.com... thats for FreeSBD?

Interesting. Lets see if we can get this Stallion stuff fully integrated
into the tree. It's quality hardware, and available worldwide, and very
robust. It would be a plus to have it fully integrated I think.

regards
Robert