Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:05:07 +0200
From:      Dalius.Dobravolskas@mif.vu.lt
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cardbus error after upgrade to 5.3

Hello,

Hello Felix <felix@mayaxatl.org>:
> I have a realtek 8139 cardbus ethernet card. Since I have upgraded to
> FreeBSD
> 5.3 it worked fine (5.0 and 5.2.1). I just needed to insert it.

It seems that a lot of people have problems with cardbus ethernet cards in
FreeBSD 5.3.  Your situations is quite favorable if compared with mine. When I
insert my SMC ethernet card my system hangs :-( I forgot to test it with
wireless card but I think result would be the same.

So I disabled ACPI and everything works just fine ( except ACPI :-) ).

(What i dislike about this mailing list: hardware developers do not answer
here)

Best regards,
   Dalius Dobravolskas