Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 05:20:03 +0200 (EET)
From:      Manessiwths Giwrgos <george@godzilla.edu.uoc.gr>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD NIS Server...

Hello,

I am new to FreeBSD and I have the following question:

I am trying to set a FreeBSD 4.5 to act as a NIS server and I followed the
directions from the Handbook. The only thing that I can't understand is
how the file /var/yp/master.passwd will be updated every time I add a user
to my NIS master server. I noticed that I can change the location in the
Makefile but according to the Handbook this is not recomended. Does this
mean that I have to copy /etc/master.passwd to /var/yp/master.passwd (and
delete the nologin user accounts) every time I add a user? Or do I just
point Makefile to use /etc/master.passwd and everything is fine?

Thanks in advance,

george