Date:      Tue, 05 Feb 2002 21:24:47 -0000
From:      Matthew Whelan <muttley@gotadsl.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
Subject:   Re: Handholding Editor for rc.conf

05/02/2002 05:06:39, Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net> wrote:

>    I should think that it should be a SMOP to add some macros to vim
>to do this, given that vim is already sh-syntax aware, and rc.conf
>and rc.firewall are merely shell scripts.

My experience is that vim's shell syntax checking is a first order
approximation. I have certainly written scripts which confused it, although
admittedly they're not the sort of thing you should ever put in rc.conf ;p
(rc.firewall is of course a different matter)

Heh, just goes to show what a vim newbie I am though, I wouldn't have known
where to start on this but on closer inspection it looks like a very small
fraction of 2html.vim already covers the important part of what would be
needed to be shoved into a {Buf,File}WritePre autocommand.

Matthew