Date:      Sat, 4 May 2002 20:40:40 +0200
From:      Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
To:        Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@wxs.nl>
Subject:   Re: printing via a JetDirect 600N printserver

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 02:34:59PM +0200, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> The only "adresses" I can find, are on the JetDirect itself:
> TR: 000C83B1D029
> AD: 0030C18D0B94
>
> Is it possible to configure it with this info?

Hi,

You can use 2 tools to get the ip from it, arp and tcpdump.
The above addresses look like mac addresses, so an 'arp -a' should
list them.

Tcpdump can be used to monitor all packets that fly over your LAN,
including broadcasts from your JetDirect.
Try something like tcpdump -i <interface>

Gr,
--
Axel Scheepers
UNIX System Administrator