Date:      Sun, 12 Jun 2005 23:01:38 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Zousys Info <info@zousys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK Installation

Zousys Info wrote:
[ ... ]
> Extracting...
> ELF binary type "0" not known.
> ./install.sfx.5728: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
> cd: can't cd to jdk1.5.0_03
>
> *Anyone can help me to install JDK, I have tried different version of
> JDK on different machine, similiar error, Please give me advise. I will
> be very very appreciated.

You need to enable Linux emulation and mount /procfs before you can use that
binary image you've gotten.  However, you can also use it to build a native
Java for FreeBSD.  Look at /usr/ports/java/jdk15 for more info, more links at:

WWW: http://www.freebsd.org/java/
      http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsddom/java/index.html
      http://www.sun.com/software/communitysource/java2/

--