Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:22:53 -0500
From:      Ty Hoeffer <pth3k@virginia.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcmcia ethernet on Dell CPx anyone?

=09Hi,=20
=09I have a Dell Lattitude CPx laptop. I am trying to get some sort of Et=
hernet=20
PCMCIA card to work with it. I have two cards:

=09IBM Ethernet II PCMCIA card and a
=09Xircom Realport Cardbus Ethernet 10/100+modem 56

=09Both of these cards work when I boot under Win'98. I have tried to get=
 it to=20
even allow me to boot FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE with a card in the slot. as soo=
n as=20
I get to:

pcic0: <VLSI 82C146> at port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 on isa0
pcic0: Polling mode
pccard0: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
pccard1: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0

and then hangs at:

ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0

=09I have even tried uncomment the "device cardbus" line but that blows u=
p=20
during compileing the kernel, looking for some .h files.

=09Has anyone gotten one of these working PCMCIA or CARDBUS? I don't real=
ly=20
care which.=20

=09Ty

=09PS: been a Freebsd'r since 2.0.5....

--=20
*********
*                      Ty Hoeffer
*                      Network Analyst
*                      UVa. Health System/Computing Services
*                      pth3k at Virginia.EDU
*                      http://warhammer.mcc.virginia.edu/ty
*
*  "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
*  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision."  Ben Franklin 1=
759