Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 23:09:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Kurt Jones <kurt@woftam.com.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftpd problem with ftpchroot

You either want to compile ftpd with internal "ls" support or put a static
"ls" in ~/bin/

Since they are chroot-ed, ftpd doesn't have access to the ls command
to show them the files unless you use one of the above options.  I used
the former, and it works well.  You'll know you've done right when you ftp
in and see:

220 motel-6.inch.com FTP server (Version 6.00LS) ready.
                                             ^^
You can set the compile option in /etc/make.conf with this line:

FTPD_INTERNAL_LS=       true

Good Luck!

Charles

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----
                           "I'm not a prophet or a stone-age man
                           Just a mortal with potential of a superman
                           I'm living on"      -DB