Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 1995 01:40:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rlogind: /usr/bin/login: Cannot allocate memory.

brian@efoo>rlogin web
rlogind: /usr/bin/login: Cannot allocate memory.
rlogin: connection closed.

brian@efoo>telnet web
Trying 192.2.26.2...
Connected to web.easynet.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

the machine web is running 50 httpd-1.4.2 web servers with 50 aliased
IPs.  The machine is -current before the sig 11 debacle.  It is a P100
with 32MB memory.  It gets the web page data from another NFS server.

Eventhough I can't log in, it continues to happily serve web pages.
(I can't log into the console either)

I generally runs fine for 2 or 3 days, and then logins are locked out.

I've never noticed it paging furiously or exhibiting any "overload"
behavior.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian Litzinger