Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:13:06 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Alexey Koptsevich <kopts@astro.ioffe.rssi.ru>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how can I share amd-mounted cdrom over the net?

Hello,

I have cdrom which is mounted by amd. I would like to share it over the
net via nfs. But

- if I share the directory which is amd mount map the actual shared
directory tree is the tree which were below this point as if the amd were
not running, i.e. amd is not launched to serve the requests to this point
from nfs server. I get the same if I share the directory which contains
the amd map.

- if I share directory which is below the amd map I see

 nfs: can't access /mount/point: Operation not supported
on the nfs client and
 mountd: can't get fh for /mount/point
on the nfs server if mountd reads /etc/exports after the amd started.

or

 nfs: can't access /mount/point: Permission denied
on the nfs client and
 mountd: mount request denied from ip.addr.of.client for /mount/point
on the nfs server if mountd reads /etc/exports before the amd started

Is there a way to share amd-mounted filesystem over the net? Or probably
other way to share cdrom and avoid the need of manual mounting of the
cdrom?

Please cc: me your reply.

Thanks,
Alex