Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:38:02 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        rfa@msumain.edu.ph
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make install problem

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 01:43:00AM +0800, rfa@msumain.edu.ph wrote:
> im in the middle of a
>=20
> #make deinstall
> #make reinstall
>=20
> of py-bittorrent, so i can download things using this fantastic tool.
>=20
> unfortunately, it seems like when i run that, or a #make all install clea=
n,
> it shows this:
>=20
> >> wxPythonSrc-2.4.2.4.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfil=
es/.
> >> Attempting to fetch from http://eu.dl.sourceforge.net/wxpython/.
> fetch: http://eu.dl.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPythonSrc-2.4.2.4.tar.gz:
> Requested Range Not Satisfiable
> >> Attempting to fetch from http://us.dl.sourceforge.net/wxpython/.
> fetch: http://us.dl.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPythonSrc-2.4.2.4.tar.gz:
> Requested Range Not Satisfiable
> >> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.kddlabs.co.jp/sourceforge/wxpython/.
> fetch:
> ftp://ftp.kddlabs.co.jp/sourceforge/wxpython/wxPythonSrc-2.4.2.4.tar.gz:
> Operation timed out

Try either doing a 'make distclean' first to remove any corrupted
copies of the distfile you may have, and if that still fails then you
can fetch a known-good copy from ftp.freebsd.org by setting
MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE or MASTER_SITE_BACKUP in /etc/make.conf (compare
to the example make.conf file to see how).

> This is strange becasue this machine serves as a web server and has no
> problem with that.  The problem is that it cannot seem to connect with the
> outside world.  I can't even use ftp, whereas before i did that all the
> time.

Well, if you can't use FTP at *all* then that's your root problem.
You'll need to do some more debugging to track down what is going
wrong.  e.g. use verbose modes on ftp clients, tcpdump, check network
settings, any proxy settings, etc.

Kris

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg

--dTy3Mrz/UPE2dbVg--