Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:19:42 +0100
From:      Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+freebsd@ijs.si>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdc 6600 emulation

Ben,

> I have a project for a class here at Missouri University of Science and
> Technology about the CDC6600 and CDC7600 and was wondering how I could
> get a hold of your emulator and what platform it will run on? I'm trying to
> figure things out but not understanding finding what I need from the
> website. Any help would be nice.

The emulators/dtcyber from ports is supposed to provide such emulation:

$ cd /usr/ports/emulators/dtcyber
$ cat pkg-descr

The Desktop CYBER Emulator is a project which successfully brought
back to life the revolutionary design of Control Data Corporation
CYBER mainframes. The software provides a reasonable emulation of
a "typical" CDC CYBER 6600, 7x, 17x based system including common
peripherals such as console, tape and disk drives, card reader,
printer and terminal multiplexer. The emulation runs the following
CDC operating systems: ChippewaOS, SMM, KRONOS 2.1, NOS 1.2, NOS
1.3, NOS 1.4, NOS 2.2 and NOS 2.8.2. It does not support NOS/VE
which requires virtual mode only available in CYBER 180s.
WWW: http://members.iinet.net.au/~tom-hunter/

# make
# make install

You would need to provide its OS and software by yourself,
the dtcyber is just an emulator of hardware.

  Mark