Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2003 15:12:01 -0500
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Eric Anholt <anholt@FreeBSD.org>, Andy Fawcett <andy@athame.co.uk>
Cc:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>, Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, kde@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] Re: cvs commit: ports/x11/kdebase3 Makefile

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 02:47 pm, Eric Anholt wrote:
= So, it would be valuable for someone to find the ports that use
= Xft1 and break when using Xft2 without our renaming patches. To do
= that, remove all the existing Xft files (X11BASE/include/X11/Xft,
= lib/libXft*), remove the patches from Xft port and install it, then
= try building any ports that use Xft. Gnome's pango breaks, as I found
= out when I tried this, what else?

Sounds like a job for the ports cluster :-) I could "try it at home",
though. But please, upgrade the XF86 ports to 4.3 -- at least -- the
server. My video card is not recognized by the 4.2.x and I dread the
thought of having to build XFree86 manually again... Yours,

	-mi